Heat Pump Replacement & Installation in St. Louis, MO
Are you looking for a reliable way to heat and cool your St. Louis home? You may be interested in what heat pumps have to offer. Perhaps you already have this type of HVAC system, but you’re ready for an upgrade. Either way, Classic Aire Care can perform the installation or replacement you need.
To schedule services heat pump installation or replacement in St. Louis, simply contact us online or call (314) 300-6755 now!
What is a Heat Pump & How Does it Work?
You might be familiar with combustion heating, which is the method furnaces use to keep your home toasty and warm, but heat pumps work differently. Similar to air conditioners, heat pumps use electricity to move heat. In fact, heat pumps perform the same as high-efficiency ACs in the summer, removing heat from your home and exhausting it outside.
However, heat pumps have an additional function: they can work in reverse during the winter months, extracting heat from outdoor air and depositing it inside. With the ability to move heat rather than generate it from a fuel source, heat pumps perform with incredible efficiency, saving many homeowners 30 to 40% on heating costs compared to conventional furnaces and boilers.
Signs You Need Heat Pump Replacement
When faced with a malfunctioning heat pump, it isn’t always easy to tell if you should repair or replace it. Watch for these signs that it may be time for a heat pump replacement.
- Age: Well-maintained heat pumps can last for up to 20 years with proper maintenance, but once your unit reaches a decade old, it’s wise to start browsing for replacements, especially if you start noticing the other signs listed below.
- Upcoming repair costs: When you’re faced with a significant repair, carefully consider the value of keeping your aging heat pump running. As a rule of thumb, it’s probably more economical to replace the unit if it’s over 10 years old and needs a repair that exceeds 50% of the cost to replace it.
- Energy bill spikes: After using the same heat pump for many years, you know what it costs to heat and cool your home. If you’ve noticed a steady increase in your energy bills over the past few months, the system could require a repair or even a replacement.
- Comfort issues: As they age, heat pumps begin to lose their ability to circulate air properly. This can cause uneven temperatures and humidity problems. Do away with comfort issues by replacing your heat pump this season.
- Refrigerant leaks: Maintaining the correct refrigerant charge is imperative for efficient heat pump performance. If the system leaks, you should have it repaired as soon as possible. However, since refrigerant leaks are often caused by cracked joints, it may be wise to replace a leaky system if these other telltale signs are also present.
Notice these signs of heat pump problems? If so, just call (314) 300-6755 or contact us online for heat pump service in St. Louis!
Benefits of Heat Pump Replacement for St. Louis Homes
Installing a heat pump or replacing the aging unit in your St. Louis home offers the following benefits:
- Lower installation cost than installing both a furnace and AC unit
- Efficient operation for lower heating and cooling costs
- No carbon monoxide concerns
- Quiet, comfortable performance
The experts at Classic Aire Care can help you select the right heat pump to meet your performance needs and budget. We install Lennox heat pumps, which offer the best combination of affordability, efficiency, and durability.
Schedule Heat Pump Replacement in St. Louis
Our technicians specialize in installing new heat pumps and replacing older units that are past their prime. Our careful installation process ensures you get a correctly sized system and all the required accessories to maximize performance, including a new programmable thermostat, if necessary.
Our team works quickly and competently to get your new equipment in place with as little disruption to your routine as possible. For your peace of mind, we back all our installations with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
When you’re ready to install a new heat pump in your St. Louis home, contact Classic Aire Care at (314) 300-6755 for top-notch service and flawless installation!