Trenchless Sewer Service in St. Louis
Sewer lines carry wastewater from a home or business to a municipal sewer system or septic tank. Because they are located underground, they are often subject to damage from corrosion, tree root infiltration, shifting soil, foundation movement, and more. Once a sewer line sustains damage, it can pollute the surrounding soil and lead to frequent clogging or sewer line backups, potentially damaging your home or business. Replacing a sewer line traditionally requires excavation along the entire length of the pipe, which can be expensive and labor-intensive, not to mention messy.
At Classic Aire Care, we offer a better solution—trenchless sewer service. By coating the interior of the sewer line with an epoxy resin, a brand new pipe is created inside the old one, eliminating much of the excavation and the resulting damage to your property. Trenchless pipe lining is a fast and efficient process, and it creates a long-lasting, durable replacement pipe with far less labor and mess. Our plumbing experts have extensive experience with the process, and we offer trenchless sewer service throughout the St. Louis area.
To learn more about our plumbing services, contact Classic Aire Care today at 314-300-6755!
How Trenchless Sewer Lining Works
Trenchless pipe lining is an innovative technology that uses liquid epoxy resins in combination with cloth or fiberglass mesh or tubing to coat the interior of a pipe, forming a permanent, leak-free lining once the resin has cured. There are several processes used, but they typically include:
- Initial inspection: A video inspection camera in inserted to inspect the existing sewer line and to determine where fittings like elbows, tees, or clean-outs exist. A water jet is then used to clean the pipe and remove debris like tree roots.
- Taking measurements: Measurements of the pipe, distances to fittings, and other variables are recorded to incorporate them into the new pipe design.
- Building the liner: The components of the liner are assembled, including a rubber bladder to inflate the lining, mesh or cloth to reinforce the epoxy, and plastic layers that prevent the epoxy from sticking to the bladder. Measurements for length and fitting locations are transferred.
- Installing the liner: Epoxy is added just before installation. The liner assembly is rolled up, and brought to the installation site. It is then either pulled through the pipe with a cable, or it is blown in with air or steam, in a process that inverts the liner. The bladder is inflated, pressing the liner against the pipe interior, and once the epoxy is cured, the bladder and other components are removed, leaving just the liner.
- Verifying the repair: A camera is reinserted to ensure that the liner has formed correctly. In some cases, a robotic cutter will be inserted to create openings for fittings or other components.
To learn more about the pipe lining process, contact our team today!
Benefits of Trenchless Sewer Service for Your St. Louis Home
Compared to the conventional sewer repair process that requires excavation, trenchless pipe lining has many benefits, including:
- Minimal excavation and damage
- Faster overall repair time
- Long-lasting, durable repair process
- Competitive costs
At Classic Aire Care, we can help you determine if trenchless sewer service or conventional repairs will be the better option for your needs and your budget.
Contact us today to discuss your sewer repair options!
Call Today for Trenchless Sewer Service in St. Louis, MO
Whether your sewer line is cast iron, clay, ABS, or PVC, our team at Classic Aire Care can offer fast, effective sewer repairs with our trenchless sewer service.
For an estimate, contact us today at 314-300-6755