Air Conditioning Maintenance in St. Louis, MO
Without your central air conditioner, summers in the St. Louis area would be far less comfortable, especially as the temperatures approach triple digits. The key to keeping your central air conditioning system cooling properly, without costing a fortune, is preventative maintenance. With a professional inspection once or twice a year, and some basic HVAC maintenance, you can keep your system running efficiently and prolong its life.
At Classic Aire Care, our team of HVAC professionals can make sure that your system receives the routine maintenance it requires, according the manufacturer’s specifications. We provide installation, replacement, repair, and maintenance services for nearly any type of HVAC system, and we serve the entire St. Louis area.
Contact us at 314-300-6755 to learn more about our HVAC services!
The Advantages of HVAC Maintenance for St. Louis Homeowners
Without preventative maintenance, your air conditioner will have to work harder to keep you comfortable as it struggles to remove heat through dirty coils and move air through clogged filters, increasing your energy costs. The advantages of regular maintenance include:
- Reduced cooling costs: With clean a evaporator and condenser coil, proper refrigerant levels, and all moving parts lubricated, your central air conditioner can cool more efficiently, reducing energy costs by up to 10 percent.
- Improved comfort: With the system running properly, it can cool and dehumidify your home more efficiently, improving your comfort.
- Lower repair costs: With regular inspections, problems can be caught early, reducing repair costs and preventing major problems that shorten the system’s lifespan.
To learn more about the benefits of proper HVAC maintenance, contact us today!
AC Unit Maintenance Procedures for St. Louis Area Homes
Ideally, you should have your central air conditioning system professionally inspected and maintained at the beginning and end of each cooling season. The maintenance steps will vary by model and manufacturer, but they typically include:
- Changing or cleaning the air filter
- Cleaning the supply plenum and checking for loose duct connections
- Lubricating blower motor bearings and pulleys
- Checking for refrigerant leaks and verifying proper freon charge
- Inspecting the condenser unit for debris and corrosion
- Cleaning the condenser and evaporator coil
- Cleaning the condensate drain and drip tray
- Inspecting and cleaning electrical connections
- Checking safety systems like breakers and pressure switches
- Verifying that the AC unit and thermostat operate properly at all settings
Between maintenance visits, you can help keep your central air conditioner running properly by changing the air filter as needed, cleaning the condensate drain occasionally and keeping the area around the condenser unit free of debris.
Call Today for AC Maintenance in St. Louis and the Surrounding Areas
At Classic Aire Care, we can handle all your HVAC needs and we also provide plumbing, air quality and insulation services.
To schedule an HVAC maintenance appointment, contact us at 314-300-6755 today!