Air Conditioning Maintenance & Service in St. Louis, MO
Without your central air conditioner, summers in the St. Louis area would be uncomfortable, if not unbearable, especially as the temperatures approach the triple digits. The key to keeping your central air conditioner system cooling properly, without costing a fortune, is preventative maintenance. With a professional inspection once or twice a year, along with some basic HVAC maintenance, you can keep your system running efficiently and prolong its life.
At Classic Aire Care, our team of HVAC professionals can make sure that your system receives the routine maintenance it requires, according to the manufacturer’s specifications. We provide installation, replacement, repair, and maintenance services for nearly any type of HVAC system, and we serve the entire St. Louis area.
AC Unit Maintenance Procedures for St. Louis Area Homes
At Classic Aire Care, we often get asked, “how often should you have your air conditioner serviced?” We recommend having your central air conditioning system professionally inspected and maintained twice a year, ideally at the beginning and end of each cooling season. The maintenance steps will vary by model and manufacturer, but they typically include:
- Changing or cleaning the air filter
- Cleaning the supply plenum and checking for loose duct connections
- Lubricating blower motor bearings and pulleys
- Checking for refrigerant leaks and verifying proper freon charge
- Inspecting the condenser unit for debris and corrosion
- Cleaning the condenser and evaporator coil
- Cleaning the condensate drain and drip tray
- Inspecting and cleaning the electrical connections
- Checking the safety systems, like breakers and pressure switches
- Verifying that the AC unit and thermostat operate properly at all settings
Between maintenance visits, you can help keep your central air conditioner running properly by changing the air filter as needed, cleaning the condensate drain occasionally, and keeping the area around the condenser unit free of debris.
At Classic Aire Care, our planned maintenance agreements can make sure your AC unit stays in prime condition while saving you money and time. We service and maintain all types of air conditioning and cooling systems, including ductless AC systems and heat pumps.
Contact us to learn more!
Schedule Your Service Today!
The Importance & Advantages of HVAC Maintenance for St. Louis Homeowners
Without preventative maintenance, your air conditioner will have to work harder to keep you comfortable as it struggles to remove heat through dirty coils and move air through clogged filters. That usually means less comfort in your home and higher energy costs. With regular AC maintenance, though, you can enjoy an array of benefits, including:
- Reduced cooling costs: With a clean evaporator and condenser coil, proper refrigerant levels, and all moving parts lubricated, your central air conditioner can cool more efficiently, reducing energy costs by up to 10 percent.
- Improved comfort: With the system running properly, it can cool and dehumidify your home more efficiently, improving your comfort.
- Lower repair costs: With regular inspections, problems can be caught early, reducing repair costs and preventing major problems that shorten the system’s lifespan.
To learn more about the benefits of proper HVAC maintenance, contact us today!
Classic Aire Care is the #1 Choice for AC Maintenance in St. Louis and the Surrounding Areas
At Classic Aire Care, we can handle all your HVAC needs. In fact, we’ve been St. Louis homeowner’s top choice for heating and cooling services since 1926!