The Pros And Cons Of Furnace Duct Cleaning This Fall
Suffering from the sniffles or a stuffy nose this time of year is not uncommon. If you do find yourself sneezing or coughing more often than usual, then it might be time to figure out the source.
While it’s easy to blame Autumn allergens, it’s important for you to consider that the trigger could be coming from the ductwork inside your home.
Overtime, mold, dust and other allergens can collect and grow within your home’s duct system, which could cause you to experience sneezing, coughing or headaches. According to the US Environmental Protection Agency, you should consider having your ductwork inspected for any of the following reasons:
- You notice unusual changes to your seasonal allergies. This often includes frequent coughing, sneezing or experiencing headaches.
- Unusual odors or smells emit from one or more of your home’s vents
- Strange noises can be heard when you fire up your furnace
- Critters or mold-like growth can be see inside your home’s vents
- Dust and debris can be seen blowing out of or clogging a vent
Just like routine HVAC maintenance and season air filter replacements, making sure your ducts are clean and clear can help drastically improve your home’s air flow and air quality, year round. As the largest part of your home’s HVAC system, it is difficult to fully inspect on your own.
That’s where a certified heating and cooling technician comes in. There are several perks to having a certified HVAC contractor that cleans your ducts. This includes:
- Better air flow throughout your home’s ventilation system
- Breathing easier and being protected from outdoor allergens
- Prolonging the lifespan of your HVAC system
- Save money on future energy bills through a clean and optimized ventilation system
While cleaning out your home’s vents or visible ductwork seems like a simple DIY task, the reality is that you could easily damage your home’s ventilation system if you’re not careful. Furthermore, if you’re noticing an excessive amount of dust, critters, or any mold growth, then there is likely a larger issue occurring with your HVAC system.
Regular maintenance and changing out your home’s air filters each season, should prevent any build up inside your home’s vents in the first place. This does not mean you should disregard duct cleaning services to just fix the culprit of this buildup.
By investing in HVAC maintenance and repairs, in addition to duct cleaning services, you’ll be able to make your home a clean and comfortable oasis from the outdoors.
HVAC Maintenance and Air Duct Cleaning in St Louis, MO
From cleaning furnace burners to a full HVAC tune-up, Classic Aire Care technicians are always ready to help you with your heating and cooling needs. Our goal is to get you back to feeling completely comfortable in your home again, which is why we provide a thorough inspection and cleaning in addition to our maintenance and repair services.
To learn more information about our duct cleaning or other heating and cooling related services, please visit our website or call us at 314-329-1943.
Deals & Specials
let’s get started
Let's Get Started
Save on Service & Enjoy Peace of Mind
Become a Planned Maintenance Agreement Customer
- Priority customer status
- Discounts on repair services
- Comprehensive maintenance & tune-ups
- No overtime charges
- Extended equipment life