Ductwork Replacement & Repair in St. Louis
Providing Duct Design & Fabrication for Maximum Efficiency
Although they are essentially static, non-moving components, the air ducts in a home are critical to the performance of an HVAC system. Ducts that are damaged, loose or poorly-insulated can waste up to 40 percent of the green used for heating and cooling, while ducts that are undersized can restrict airflow, making the HVAC system run inefficiently, and ducts that are oversize may not cool or heat effectively. If your ducts are not properly sized or have major damage, it may be time to consider duct replacement.
At Classic Aire Care, our HVAC professionals can design, fabricate and install a duct system that will meet the heating and cooling needs of your home, as well as your HVAC system. Since 1926, our team has been providing quality heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and home comfort services to both residential and commercial customers throughout the St. Louis Area. Our technicians are NATE certified, follow all ACCA procedures, and are extensively experienced with all common types of heating and cooling systems.
Schedule Your Service Today!
Common Duct Problems in St. Louis Homes
As they heat and cool, ducts will expand and contract, leading to metal fatigue, wear and loosened connections. Over many years, this process can start causing duct failures, especially in combination with extraneous forces, such as a poor initial installation. Some common duct problems include:
- Damaged or missing insulation
- Loose fasteners
- Loose joints
- Missing foil tape or mastic at joints
- Improper support along the duct’s length
- Crushing or puncturing from poor installation or careless remodeling
- Improper use or installation of flexible ducts
- Contamination with mold, bacteria, or pest droppings
- Undersized or oversized ducts
To determine if your ducts have any of these problems, contact us today for an inspection!
Duct Replacement in the St. Louis Area
At Classic Aire Care, we can design a new duct system for your home, size it properly for your HVAC system, and provide a durable, high-quality installation. Our install process follows the appropriate ACCA procedures for sizing and designing the ducts, utilizing best practices like:
- Calculating heating and cooling loads, and sizing ducts appropriately
- Minimizing curves, bends and other impediments to airflow
- Properly securing duct sections with fasteners
- Sealing joints with metal tape or mastic
- Insulting ducts that pass through unconditioned spaces
- Properly supporting long duct runs
- Using flexible pipe for vibration isolation
We take pride in our work, and we will provide an energy-efficient, reliable duct system that is customized for your home.
For a duct replacement estimate, contact our team today!
The Benefits of Duct Replacement for St. Louis Residents
A new duct system will offer several benefits, including:
- Reduced energy usage
- Improved comfort
- Better indoor air quality
- Reduced noise and vibration
Contact us today to learn more!
Call Today for Duct Replacement in St. Louis, MO
For an energy-efficient, durable, and affordable duct system, contact our team at Classic Arie Care!