Why Get a Programmable or Smart Thermostat For my AC?
There are several good reasons to consider a programmable or smart thermostat for your air conditioner in University City. While we’ve all heard how setting the thermostat to a higher temperature while we are away from home will help save us money, many of us simply forget to do that.
For example, a typical hectic morning in an average family home can mean everyone is running around trying to get out the door to work, trying to get the kids to camp, and just making an effort to be on time. So, depending on who leaves last, it is likely a hit or miss proposition when it comes to whether anyone remembers to turn the thermostat up.
We understand – everyone has a lot on their minds and never-ending to-do lists. So why not take advantage of installing a programmable or the latest smart thermostat to eliminate one of those nagging tasks?
Benefits of a Programmable Thermostat
In almost every situation, it makes good sense to have a programmable thermostat for your air conditioner in University City, MO. Once you install one in your home, you can expect the following benefits:
- Schedule in Advance – The best feature of these thermostats is that they allow you to adjust everything according to your schedule. If everyone is typically out of the house by 9:00 AM, you can set it to a warmer temperature at that time. If you work two days a week from home, you can adjust the settings to keep it cooler for those particular days of the week – and the same goes for weekends.
- Walk Into a Cool House at the End of a Long Day – Even when you do remember to change the thermostat setting before you leave in the morning, on very hot days you will come home to a stuffy house. With a programmable thermostat, you can make sure your air conditioner is working to achieve the perfect temperature before you get home.
- Save Money – By adjusting your thermostat by 7 to 10 degrees every day, you will save up to 10% on your monthly electric bill. In addition to reducing energy usage, both programmable and smart thermostats can save you money by extending the life of your HVAC unit. By allowing your unit to rest and recuperate a bit when you are not home, you may avoid (or at least delay) costly repair and replacement costs.
Benefits of a Smart Thermostat
While a programmable thermostat is great, a smart thermostat takes the simplicity factor to the next level:
- Sensors Do the Work So You Don’t Have To – With a smart thermostat, sensors detect daily activity patterns in your home and make adjustments to the temperature settings accordingly. You won’t even have to program the settings, your new electronic assistant will do it for you.
- Control Everything Remotely – If you have ever left for vacation wondering if you turned off the AC, you’ll really appreciate this feature. Arguably, the best benefit of a smart thermostat is that you can control it from wherever you may be as long as you have access to the mobile app on your phone.
- It Acts Like a Personal Assistant to Your HVAC System – Some of the most advanced smart thermostats allow for voice recognition and have an indicator light that lets you know when it’s time to change your air filters. These are the best options for anyone with an irregular schedule as well.
- Smart Room Sensors – Another advantage to the next generation advanced smart thermostats is that many of the best models can work with smart room sensors. These little gems automatically sense what rooms are occupied and what ones are not, providing even more savings and temperature control without you having to lift a finger.
Installing a Programmable or a Smart Thermostat
If you are the DIY type, you could install a programmable or smart thermostat on your own. However, if you are like most people and get a bit overwhelmed when it comes to anything electric or electronic (which is completely understandable), our dedicated team at Classic Aire Care can help. Additionally, there are some important factors to consider before taking this task on yourself.
Why You Should Call a Professional
While you may have seen your dad replace a thermostat himself, that basic thermostat you grew up with has evolved and become much more complicated than you might imagine. Installing or upgrading a smart thermostat is a big job and may not be as easy to install as you anticipate. There are many unseen factors that need to be considered, that a professional HVAC technician will know about.
It may be hard to believe, but some of the most common problems we are called to fix are related to incorrectly installed thermostats. One of the reasons we see so many things go wrong for homeowners who try to install them on their own is that the installation process requires more than basic electrical knowledge.
Because these new thermostats are so complex, incorrect installation can result in blowing a fuse within the unit, damaging the new thermostat beyond repair, or your AC unit simply not running properly. These devices rely on precision-based electronics to operate, and that is reason enough to call in a professional. Additionally, a professional HVAC technician will understand how to configure your system for the best results.
Lastly, by installing a thermostat on your own, if you do incur a problem and need to have the unit repaired, your warranty may not cover the repair if you didn’t call a professional to install the thermostat in the first place. This is another important consideration, even for the most ardent do-it-yourselfer.
Whether you are looking for an experienced and reputable company to complete air conditioning installation in University City, or you just want someone to install a new smart or programmable thermostat, give us a call today. We’ll get you on your way to a more comfortable home and lower your energy costs at the same time.
Deals & Specials
let’s get started
Let's Get Started
Save on Service & Enjoy Peace of Mind
Become a Planned Maintenance Agreement Customer
- Priority customer status
- Discounts on repair services
- Comprehensive maintenance & tune-ups
- No overtime charges
- Extended equipment life